Home Outlet Direct believes you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from us and stand by all of our products. However, sometimes you may need to return a product. Please review the following terms relating to refunds and returns:
- If you would like to return your purchase, you may return an item for a refund of the merchandise total within 30 days of delivery. All returns are subject to a 15-25% restocking fee, depending on the product.
- Cancellations: All orders are processed immediately, if you decide to cancel your order a 15-25% restocking fee will apply. The restocking fee is dependent on the product and brand. Because we have to re-stock and process your product, cancelled orders may take up to 1-2 weeks to process.
- All product(s) must be returned in their original condition, never been installed, including the original packaging, manufacturer's containers, documentation, warranty cards, manuals, and all accessories. Refunds will be issued after the warehouse receives, inspects and processes your return.
- Refunds are only processed once our warehouse inspects and restocks the product. This process can take up to 5-10 business days from date of return.
- Refunds will be credited to the original payment method and can take up to 3 business days to reflect on your statement. Return shipping charges and re-stocking fees are not refundable.
- All returns are subject to inspection and additional fees if returned unusable or damaged due to improper packing, installation, and/or modification in any way.
- Please note: chimney extensions, chimney short kits, crown moldings, and filters are non-returnable purchases, please contact one of our specialists if you have questions about short kits or extensions.
- Due to complexities with processing returned products, we cannot exchange items. Instead we will process your order as a return and you may then order the product you prefer.
- Returns are processed in the order they are received at our, or the manufacturer's, warehouse. Refunds are only processed once the warehouse inspects and restocks the product. This process can take up to 5-10 business days from date of return.
- Customer shipping charges are non refundable and there may have to pay a small shipping charge for exchanges. All exchanges are subject to inspection and additional fees if returned unusable or damaged due to improper packing, installation, and/or modification in any way.
Damaged or Defective:
- Prior to shipping, all Home Outlet Direct products are individually inspected to verify that they leave our facility in brand-new condition. We re-package all of our products well so they arrive on your doorstep undamaged.
- When you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged, please write "Package Damaged." If the package looks significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. In this case, please notify us so that we can expect the return shipment. Once the package returns to us we will send you a new one right away.
- If you have already accepted the package and notice missing or damaged parts, please contact us right away and we will ship you replacement parts free of charge. We usually only have a 48-hour window to file freight claims. If we cannot replace the parts, our carrier will pick up the original package and we will send you a full replacement.
- If your item arrived damaged or defective, we are happy to arrange for a prompt replacement. Contact our Customer Care Department at 1-800-495-0144 or email@example.com within 48 hours.
- If you are missing any parts, we will ship them to you at our expense.
- If you decide you do not want parts or a replacement unit, you can return the item under our standard return policy.
- Before installing your unit, please test the item(s) for proper functionality by plugging it into the wall and testing if the product works (such as fan, vent, lighting, etc.). If the unit does not work, please contact customer service right away.
- If your product has a manufacturer's defect, we can either replace the defective part or, if necessary, the entire unit.
PRODUCT NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS
- Any product(s) that have been modified
- Any product(s) that are not in a resalable condition
- Any product(s) not that is not accompanied by an order number
- Any product(s) that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials
- Please note that range hood extensions, chimney extensions, chimney short kits, crown moldings, and filters are non-returnable purchases. Please contact one of our specialists if you have questions about short kits or extensions.
All returns must have return authorization from Home Outlet Direct prior to shipment. Shipping charges, customs duties, brokerage fees, and local taxes, are not refundable. Special-order items or altered items cannot be returned.